Our A2 Certificate of Competency Course is a one-day course which allows commercial operations to be undertaken within certain parameters using specific types of drones. Depending on the type of drone you operate (generally the weight of the drone but other factors also apply) you are able to operate over uninvolved persons and/or within 30m horizontally of them (5m in low speed mode).
The specific types of drone you can fly must have an EU product/class rating which is all explained in the course. These product ratings are not expected on mainstream drones for sometime but all drones must have them by 1 Jan 2023. In the interim you are allowed to use current drones under a transitional arrangement which allows:
- Drones under 500g to be operated over people
- Drones under 2kg to be operated near to people down to a horizontal distance of 50m from people
If you wish to know more about the benefits of the A2 Certificate of Competence then feel free to email or call to discuss your business model and we will be more than happy to advise.
Included in this package
- 1 day theoretical course & examination
- Hands On Flying to reinforce the theory lessons (Subject to weather)
- Student Study Guide
- Unlimited hot and cold Beverages throughout the course
- Business Start-up advice